Thursday, December 6, 2007

To much stuff in my head

Something that I have realized lately is the importance of picking other people's brains. In other words....continuing education or more simply, reading.

In my trip to Atlanta for a youth workers conference, I found that my knowledge of most subjects, especially the one that I have my profession in, is limited. Now for someone my age I hardly believe that this was a great dose of medicine. I tend to be a typical 20 something and believe that I am an expert in everything I dabble. This truth turned out to be the opposite of what I believed. So, here I am sucking up my pride and reading more and more about Youth ministry over lunch, when something strikes me as profound. What good is it for me to read this stuff and then sit and mull over it, when I could, in turn, impart my thoughts to those in my community?

So, this Blog is a fruit of my idea and desire to continually learn more about what I do. And considering the world and culture in which I work is forever and constantly changing...I have a long way to go.

I hope you enjoy. God Bless

dain

No comments: