Thursday, March 12, 2009

New High Score?

I think it is safe to say that I am a competitive person. There is something that wells up in me when I get into a game or someone is better than me. Don't get me wrong, I can loose, but that doesn't mean I like it. So, for the past 8 months I have been "loosing" at the game of Electronic Yahtzee. My wife, somehow managed to get three Yahtzees not to mention the bonus and scored a ridiculous 489 points. I got over 400, but only once in the 9 months we have had the game. But I was bound and very determined to see I could beat her high score.

Yesterday as I was in the midst of my morning routine I picked up the electronic Yahtzee and began playing. The game was like any other game, I employed my strategy of getting the runs first and working my way through the 3 of a kind and 4 of a kind before trying for a Yahtzee with all the numbers. Early on in the game I get a Yahtzee, "this is good" I thought. About halfway through the game I got another one, "this is very good". It wasn't until I broke 400 with quite a few spots open that I realized what was going on. I was on my way to one of the most amazing scores in Yahtzee history. The third Yahtzee came and it was with 6's. I got the bonus on that one as well. Where would this momentous game end....the sky is the limit. And finally a 4th Yahtzee. I was stunned and amazed as I watched the old score be overrun by my new high score. I couldn't believe it. I had conquered the high score and felt a relief I didn't expect. I was tense and excited and I didn't even notice. Wow, did I get worked up over a little game.

But it all goes to show that it can be done. I just hope I can be satisfied with this high score, because I don't know if I will ever be able to do this again.

(picture and proof coming soon)

Dain

No comments: