Monday, May 11, 2009

Sabbatical - Day 1

Youth Leadership - Understand with Tiger Mcluen.

It has been a few hours of my first class in an effort to Understand youth and Youth Ministry better. So far I am affirmed in my lack of understanding and also the recognition of the transition period that youth are going through in their lives.

The big questions:

Middle School: Do you like me?
High School: Do I like you?

8th and 9th Grade: Do I like that you like me?

Just as I read in Youth Ministry 3.0, adolescence is expanding and has been for years. But the "church should be the same as it was in the 70's" mentality from our current leaders is sending us down the crapper because of the shift that is constantly happening. We need to take a page from the book of India, Africa, China....that youth / adolescence is not just high school it is truly a process that is one fourth of our life.

More to come...

dain

No comments: