Sunday, January 25, 2009

Surprise Me God - Day 12 - Friday

My supposed day off.

Fridays are a great day in my book. I know that fridays are good in most everyone's book because it means the weekend is coming. But for me it means the weekend is already here. My plans for friday consisted of getting a few errands done and spending some time organizing my calender making sure everything is on it. I was also hoping that I would be surprised by tons of people volunteering for the much needed drivers for our fundraiser on Saturday.

I guess my surprise was that friday was not much of a day off at all. Granted, I was not in Rogers, but with cell phones that doesn't seem to matter. Mari and I were on the phone almost constantly yesterday working things out. Between her not being able to be there in the morning and lack of drivers and me not being able to be there in the morning, we had ourselves a pickle. As we were scrambling I could feel my stress level rising. Why was this fundraiser coming up to so much resistance? We didn't make our first date because of lack of kids, now are we going to have to cancel this one because of lack of parents?

In the end Mari and I (mostly Mari) went gang busters on the phone and got the needed drivers. Praise God.

There was one small surprise I received on Friday afternoon however. Heather and i were going to meet with a financial adviser that afternoon to work out our 2008 expenses and ask some questions. But he called in sick so that didn't happen. I was only slightly relieved because I know we need to do this, but it was nice after such a hectic morning to have a relaxing afternoon with no commitments.

For dinner I wanted to try and recreate a frozen meal I love from Trader Joe's. So I kept the package, looked at the ingredients on the back and went from there. It was pretty good. This was my first experiment like this and I might be better at cooking that I thought. This will be fun to try this with something else.

Dear Lord, please be with the youth fundraiser tomorrow. Help it be successful. Amen

dain

No comments: