Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Surprise Me God - Day 8 - Monday

Today is Martin Luther King Jr. day. Some people had this day off...I did not. But that's ok. I woke up this morning thinking I would take it easy and go into work a little later than usual. I would sit and blog about surprise me in the morning, take a shower and maybe stop by the Circuit City that was closing in Maple Grove to see if there were any good deals. Heather went down to Fairbault to get her car fixed and see her uncle Herb so I had the apartment to myself. I started to blog and look up somethings on the internet. But I wasn't getting anywhere fast. My wireless connection was strong, my computer is newer so there shouldn't be anything wrong there. But the connection was slower that ever. I did everything I could think of to make it work but to no avail. So, I thought to myself, "Self, maybe I should take a shower." So I turned on the water and waited for it to warm up. I waited and waited and waited and waited. I have never experienced a time in my apartment where there was no hot water. What was going on here? This was a surprise.

What happened next was also a surprise. My thought process took me directly to this surprise me experiment and I thought "maybe God is trying to tell me something, maybe I need to get to work because something is going to happen there." I quickly dressed, went out to my car and drove down the interstate towards Rogers at a less leisurely clip than usual. "What does God have in store for me today? What am I going to miss?" The possibilities were limitless.

I arrived at work thinking someone was going to show up that I hadn't seen in a while or something was going to come in the mail, and I would like to tell you that something amazing happened...but it didn't. The day was as normal as normal could be. It was even a little less than normal. Only 3 youth showed up to _tag worship, that was a disappointment. So I really don't know why God got me out of bed and the apartment in the morning? Why did I feel the tug to get to work? Was there something I avoided at home? Did I miss being in an accident on the road? The best I can think of, is that God is telling me that even the ordinary is a blessing. I am healthy and have a wonderful life. I don't need surprises to have a complete life because it already is. God has made my life complete and that is enough.

I ended the day with a nice conversation with my father-in-law John about TVs. I learned a lot and it was good to talk to him. All in all it was a day and that's about all I can say about it.

Peace,

dain

No comments: