Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Surprise Me God - Day 16 - Tuesday

Today seemed like every other Tuesday. Lots of meetings and not much time to sit and think. I suppose a day like today will be lost in my memory banks somewhere because of it's lack of greatness. But that doesn't mean the day was important. A day filled with meetings could be very important. It could lay the foundations of greater days to come. Ones that will blow my mind and then I will wonder how this could happen and it will all come back to this Tuesday where I thought nothing happened.

We did have a stroke of genius come about in the confirmation planning meeting. There have been times in the past when either Derek, Rick or I have a great idea, ok well maybe not Rick and maybe not me, but Derek comes up with a great idea and then we run with it. Crazy confirmation nights in the past have included setting up the sanctuary as a wrestling ring and some of the most bizarre video clips one could think of to get the point across.

Our upcoming confirmation night where we are talking about Stewardship will be something out of the Dickens...literally. There are three types of stewardship we will be talking about: Time, Talents and Treasure....and I think you can maybe guess where we are going with this. It will be a star studded cast with Ron and Carrie involved as well. You may not want to miss this one.

So in all of the thinking and planing we did today, I am most excited for this one. We shall see how we become the surprise for all the people attending confirmation that evening. Get the history books ready.

Blessings,

dain

No comments: